This is a the Top 5 strangest requests made on Protea Hotel’s staff in 2012.
- A burly guest insisted on being sung to as it was the only sure cure for his insomnia. It worked!
- A Cape Town GM had to go out at 8pm in search of goldfish for a guest who insisted she would never get to sleep unless she could watch swimming fish.
- A Western Cape guest sent back soft-boiled eggs five times because the egg shell wasn’t speckled.
- A Cape Town receptionist was sent hunting for a size of pair 12 stilettos for a Priscilla Queen of the Desert guest who was due on stage in two hours and whose luggage had lost.
- The requests that probably take the cake, is the executive who called down to the reception of his Bloemfontein hotel demanding a fortune teller be sent to his room to help him make a decision about a multi-million rand deal
Protea Hotels have more than 120 properties throughout South Africa and seven other African countries, including Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, and Kenya.
Are you a hard to please traveller? What are your most important aspects of a hotel stay?